Welcome back to the Agati Video Podcast, a space where Joe Agati, COO & Director of Design here at Agati Furniture, hosts conversations with designers, architects, and difference-makers to bring inspiration and education to your work.
For today’s episode of the podcast, Joe had the opportunity to talk with Michelle Ohnstad, Library Operations Manager at MiraCosta College in Oceanside, California, who has over 20 years of experience in library leadership.
In this conversation, Michelle shares what she has seen working for students at MiraCosta College, a behind-the-scenes look at their current library renovations, how they have strived to equitably serve their student body, the interesting way they’ve used smart lockers to support students, shifts and trends in student behavior and needs, and much more.
This was a great episode! Check it out:
- “The students love PODs and Gee Chairs so much. They always comment on them when we give surveys.”
- “With the POD, you don’t have someone walking behind you like you would in a traditional carrel, and it makes it much easier to focus.”
- “Students need quiet space to work, and they also need space to socialize.”
- “As the return to campus continues, we have some students who have an in-person class and then an online class right afterwards.”
- “Every semester we’re loaning out hundreds of laptops and mobile hotspots.”
- “Really look at students to see what they really need, and don’t be afraid to take risks.”
- “Is what you’re doing working to close equity gaps and supporting all students as equitably as possible?”
Subscribe to the Agati Video Podcast
To ensure you don’t miss future conversation we share on the Agati Video Podcast, be sure to subscribe over on YouTube, Apple Podcasts, or Spotify! We’ll also be sharing each new episode via email, and you can get that delivered straight to your inbox by using the form below: