Welcome back to the Agati Video Podcast, a space where Joe Agati, COO & Director of Design here at Agati Furniture, hosts conversations with designers, architects, and difference-makers to bring inspiration and education to your work.
For today’s episode of the podcast, I had the opportunity to talk with Joseph Goetz, Operations Manager at Quad Cities International Airport (MLI) in Rock Island County, Illinois. We had the opportunity work with them recently, and you can see the installation here.
Since 1935, the Quad Cities International Airport has worked to connect travelers across the country with customer service at the forefront. Serving over 500,000 passengers each year, the airport has become a pivotal connecting point to nine major hubs across the nation.
In our conversation, we dove deep into the details of his role at the airport, why aviation has been a lifelong passion for him, how they are working to ensure supply can meet demand, future-focused initiatives the airport is working on to keep interest in aviation training high, and much more.
This was an interesting episode. Check it out!
- Agati’s Quad Cities Installation
- Quad Cities International Airport Website
- Agati Airport Furniture
- Airport Living Room Furniture
- “A lot of my role is regulatory compliance.”
- “Every airport is uniquely different.”
- “We took a pretty proactive approach during the pandemic of letting many people work remotely.”
- “We’re not quite back to where we were, but we’re starting to see a rebound back-to-normal, which really started early 2022.”
- “We are setting records month-over-month in total operations here at the airport, which has been a bright spot.”
- “We have to make sure the supply is meeting the demand.”
- “Social media is an opportunity for real-time feedback.”
- “Project Gateway is primarily looking at the land side of the facility.”
- “Be friendly, be courteous. You never know where you’re going to run into people.”
Subscribe to the Agati Video Podcast
To ensure you don’t miss future conversation we share on the Agati Video Podcast, be sure to subscribe over on YouTube, Apple Podcasts, or Spotify! We’ll also be sharing each new episode via email, and you can get that delivered straight to your inbox by using the form below: